It is a yummy first attempt. I can't believe I am saying this but I will cut the sugar next time. Crazy, huh? I didn't factor in the natural sweetness of the bananas. I usually make a zucchini or carrot base cake. It did turn out soooo good when warm from the oven. Here's the recipe:
Subject to improvements the very next time we have over ripe bananas. First, let me mention. Along with the vegan thing, we are all about the organic, non-GMO ingredients. If you aren't. Start with one ingredient and work your way through.
- Okay, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas to equal 3 cups. Should be nice and soft.
- 2 1/4 cups flour, non bleached
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unrefined sugar (too much, I know. Try 1 cup next time).
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda.
- 13 x 9 pan. I prefer to use parchment paper. If you don't, you'll want to grease and flour the pan
- Sprinkle with dairy-free mini chocolate chips. Enjoy Life is the brand. I can find 'em at Krogers.
- Bake about 30 minutes. Maybe 40. You know. Start sticking it with a toothpick at about 25 minutes to gauge.
- Enjoy. Seriously. You will not miss the eggs and greasy butter taste. The coconut oil gives it a pleasant crust.