Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Gilmore Girls' Confession

I am Kelley and this is my Gilmore Girls' confession.  I never watched it. Never wanted to.  And I don't like the name Loralei (sp??) At all.  Still don't.  And how is Rory a nickname for that? Maybe.  Still not sold after about 140 hours of GG binging.

How did it happen you ask? I was in between crime/violence/mystery dramas and I got sucked into the hype of the reunion episodes.   Binge watched all 7 seasons in November.  Nice diversion from life and election! Quirky. Silly. Happy. Cute guys, pretty clothes, romantic chemistry.

Annoying.  Bad acting. Flawed characters. Plots that were just obstacles.  And Hellooooo. I binge watched Parenthood over the summer which probably melted the ice a bit on my attitude towards GG.  Hello. Lauren Graham's character dating her daughter's teacher?  Helloooo?  of course, GG did it first.  But I was already trying to keep the Bravermans outta GG. Enough I thought.  But I kept on watching because Luke. I loved him. Hated him.  Loved Loralie (sp, still not sure!) hated her. And Christopher.  Hated him.  Never liked or loved him.  Loved Logan after I stopped cackling over Carey Agos (Good Wife anyone?) with the hairdos!  And Paris.  (HTGAWM anyone?)

The quaint town,  the bumpy, weird lives, I love it all. Toile wallpaper, mismatched upholstery + my dream of having an inn, swoon!

So I watched the trailers, and then the spoilers. I agree and disagree with them, which is so November 2017, right?  And I am now an expert on GG, old and new. And I watched it seamlessly - They aged 10 years overnight for me.  So I think I am having less of a letdown.  No meltdown. I don't think they wasted precious GG minutes on the oddball characters, nope. Those crazy plots and Kirk-isms are what kept GG light and easy.  Not heavy, L&L drama.  The musical. Loved  L's reaction.  Just like I loved the karaoke scene.  Which is 3 minutes of great TV and bad singing.

And I am 1/2 done with last episode. Still no Dean? I was such a fan... still no Suki? come on!

But they just snuck a bit of Parenthood in there, so ha!!  I caught it. Thank you casting agent.

I am going to watch the end. And I'll be back to comment. Because I like to amuse myself.  And all my TV shows are colliding...

No comments:

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...