Friday, September 12, 2008

of course

it's school pictures this week.

I've heard through the grapevine, from a pretty reliable 12 year old that I have the rep of being that "up-their-butt" parent. In the 'hood we have kids from 5-12 years old and I can't tell you how many near catastrophes I've singlehandedly prevented. One 12 year old is known for teaching little ones to play hide&seek in cars in 90 degree weather - even my littlest one knows to always check with me first!

I came home from work on Sunday and DH claimed they'd only been at the neighbor's house for a few minutes. Hmmm, it's free childcare for him, you calculate how long they'd been there. The mom doesn't hover like I do and it seems one of my kids always comes home with a story that raises my eyebrows or blood pressure! I knew from the moment I saw Cathrynn that something was up. She tried to blow it off. And then fessed up - they'd been down in the basement playing on the treadmill and the neighbor girl cranked up the speed and C got swept off. The mom didn't even know they were on it or that anyone got hurt. I'm just glad it wasn't worse.

On a cute note, DH told Cathrynn that they'd touch up the photo at the school. She explained to me that it would probably be the art teacher since she has the paints, lol!

No comments:

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...