Sunday, October 31, 2010

escape


the view from Doe Hill

I spent less than 24 hours away from home, but I feel both relaxed and invigorated. I dropped the girls at their friend's house, packed a warm crumb cake and raced off to Dana's house.  We had a delish evening of girl talk, cake drizzled with warm caramel sauce and Hagan's Homemade Vanilla ice cream, baked ziti, homemade black berry pie.  Yummmmeee.  As always I slept like a baby in the quiet of their 40 acres.  I woke up at 9 am with the chill of Autumn air on my nose and a cozy quilt tucked under my chin(s!).  I almost ruined the fun by racing home.  Instead we went boot shopping.  If you ever need encouragement or the dish on the latest styles... Dana's your guide.  I went with the promise of inexpensive riding boots and came home with really cool buckled boots, a platinum/silver hands-free purse with a zillion secure pockets for navigating CDG without having my purse stolen (she bought the same!), black pants, leggings, hat, leather jacket and sweater.  It were like old times, except she wasn't trying to zip my into a pair of size 3 jeans... she instead had to help remove a really slim boot from my not at all slim calf.  A good time was had by all!

Soon we'll start the T or T outfits and head for the old hood and the promise of candy!! 

No comments:

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...