Sunday, July 17, 2011

Moulin Rouge Tote and Chairs

Hello! What a whirl... I've been really busy with my day job and sewing lately. I love it... especially making totes from fun and funky fabrics. I made this pretty tote for Loom with my signature button-weave handles. My love of buttons has finally been appreciated, by those other than myself! I feel rather vindicated and proud of my stash these days. My years of thrifting, antiquing and crafting = a good thing!



I would never have stumbled across this Moulin Rouge Masquerade Lady fabric otherwise... I would have blended into a bunch of quilters fabric and not have caught my attention. But... I love it... And frankly, I have been rather caught up in the whole French = feedsack, beige, burlap phase. refreshing to see these vibrant COLORS. Reminiscent of the 1940s - barkcloth with the wide plumes... nice! I can't remember who makes it...

Bright fun, vibrant fabrics... playful candy-colored buttons - so summery and cool. Same fabric on these chairs, paired with fuscia pom-pom trim - oh la la! I didn't do these chairs but they are perched mighty prettily at Loom !

1 comment:

vintageandart said...

Hi Kelly,that fabric is truly divine and what a fantastic use you found for it. The upcycled chairs look beautiful.

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...