Saturday, November 17, 2007

M-I-C-K-E-Y mouse!




Did ya know it's his birthday tomorrow? Well, if you have a child in preschool you might. Liv's teachers celebrated yesterday - and the kids were encouraged to wear Mickey attire. Perfect opportunity to tell you that I loathe the Disney store?




And pretty much all mass produced stuff? (unless, I can get it at a thrift store and it's not some walking billboard advertisement!)

So, to avoid a trip to the mall and since I was already at Joanns (busted again!) I gave Liv the job of helping find some Mickey fabric. Luckily, it's almost Christmas 'cause this is the only fabric they had in stock. I had a sketchy idea based on the oodles of OOAK boutique outfits on ebay.


I used a pair of capris that were going into storage for the winter and a cheap white tea from J's and started embellishing. These outfits sell for $50+ on ebay, but my cost was less than $10 - how cool AND I'll be cutting those buttons off when she's done with it. Since the material is Christmas, she might even get another use.

No comments:

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...