Monday, December 3, 2007

That 70s Christmas

Mom and Dad unloaded the last of their vintage Christmas stuff and, of course, I was the lucky recipient. Years ago they stashed this old stuff and went with designer themed trees. I am thrilled to be the new owner of the sugar plum & plastic popcorn garland - I may spiff it up with some glitter spray (pictures to follow soon I promise). Most of the stuff the girls went nuts for - it's all pretty silly stuff - and a ton we made in ceramics, and are quite bright and funky!

I decided to sell a lot of 1970s Christmas stuff on ebay. And found out that the 1976-1979 Hallmark ornaments are highly collectible. Weird, huh? One person's trash indeed. Keeping my fingers crossed for a very happy ending to this story.
These babies are a thrift store score, buried at the bottom of a box of ratty, broken cheapo ornies, they are delicate glass walnuts from West Germany and oh so fragile. Also offered on ebay.

Off to unload tote 17 of the Christmas decor...! ttfn!

No comments:

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...