Thursday, July 31, 2008

Project Runway

To a middle aged wannabe seamstress - there's nothing more exciting that whipping up a little twirly skirt and watching Project Runway. Can you imagine that Jerell whipped up this beauty? I think it didn't make the top cut b/c it's more red carpet or night at the opera than the New York night life vibe they were after.

Btw, no one stands out for me so far as exceptional - I may venture and post my favorite 3 and see how they do, starting next week when I've had time to properly analyze the contestants, lol! A few are just so strange, talk about wannabes of season's past!
Here's what I was inspired to do... straight forward madras meets an urban floral. You can't really see but the middle tier fabric has a slight greyish grunge to it, distressed like a great piece of scrapbook paper. I believe it's by Tracy Porter and I bought the lone yard on the clearance bolt at Joanns. Speaking of my gal pal Joann, drum roll please... I am officially employed as a part timer at Joanns. Weekends and minimum wage, with additional discount. The DH thinks it'll be nice for us both. I'm thinking how cool it will be to mentally shop while I'm getting paid and he's "watching" our kids. By the time I'm done my girls will have every item they own embellished. Here's a pair a Cathrynn's capris that she tore the knees. I cut them off and made her some fancy shorts. To quote my friend Mel, "holy rick-rack!"

4 comments:

BumbleVee said...

Uh, oh....your stash will grow... your "take home" $$ will be non-existent...and it will be wonderful to get out of the house for a few hours every so often. Good for you...it will be fun.

Vee said...

Oh-oh! There goes the paycheck! :D

Robin said...

I love part time jobs with a hidden purpose! Love the rick rack- it really turned out cute!

Troy Sosa said...

I enjoyed reading youur post

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...