Thursday, July 31, 2008

Queen Anne's Lace

I've noticed that I can't take a camera on our walks anymore. A wild puggle keeps both my hands busy. So these pictures are my girls last summer at Dana's house picking Queen Anne's lace. We'd better get our butts up there or the birds will have finished off the blackberries!

Here's a batch we picked on today's walk, and watched three tiny does munching their dinner. We were in awe and Skippy never noticed them as they were about 30 feet away so he didn't scare them off. At home, we conducted an experiment. I've never dyed flowers in the days of Wilton gel dyes, but the water turned gorgeous hues - they're hoping the flowers will be just as bright. I like mine au natural in a messy bunch.
Did you read about Karla's husband bringing her a bouquet of it into a restaurant for her... now that's a scene from a romantic movie, dont'cha think???

2 comments:

Vee said...

Queen Anne's lace is such a wonderful wildflower. I picked a bunch of it this week. My only complaint is all the shedding of fairy dust.

SweetAnnee said...

Queen Anne's Lace it just so fun..
I have some in my garden..even though
it can "get crazy" I just needed a touch
of wildness.
smiles, Deena

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...