Friday, August 15, 2008

Back to school clothes

Life was so much easier with Vince. (well, at least for buying clothes, lol!) I'd buy him some khakis, jeans and t-shirts for back to school. Most of the stuff offered at the stores was stuff he wouldn't be caught dead in. And the final touch was the black backpack.Now, I'm faced with two little girls going to school. Yikes! They want everything they see. So much Hannah Montana stuff. Too much! They have some t-shirts but are drooling over the HM apparel at Walmart when I grocery shop.

A trip to another Walmart w/ a fabric department
(I swear my DH had something to do with ours closing after I'd skimmed off the food budget for thread, patterns...) presented us with HM fabric for $5/yard. Okay, I'll do it. I'll embellish and alter as much as I can. Add a $3.50 white tshirt to the capri set and less than $10 trendy outfit. Well, at least for a kindergarten student! I think Cathrynn will just want some jeans bedazzled and I may alter a few plain tshirts for her with the fabric as well.
Home improvement projects are wrapping up for the summer. I hope to have some final results to show you soon before I resume my career as my kiddos' chauffeur.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Can't wait to see that bed!!

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...