Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Doors

I'm going to tweak these a bit and have them printed to do a little gallery. They were little moments of inspiration in the dark November gloom. (update March 18... wahoooo... the weather for my trip to France this weekend is high 50s and low 60s, and SUNNY... it was so gray in November that it will be like a whole new experience!) In contrast to the sharpness of France that caught me off guard (that I've mentioned quite a bit here ;) ) there was the discovery of these doors that are so common and stunning.
Don't you wish Lowes or Home Depot stocked these stunners! Such craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Nothing mass produced.
Unique.
And the hardware... oh my.
The custom shades of blue... no paint chips produced these.
I wouldn't hang a wreath either!

The molding...and carvings.
UPDATED March 18, 2011 because I'm linking to The French Cupboard
********************************************************************

Okay, back to reality... laundry, shopping, a half dozen projects that need attention.


And my dear daughter's 10th birthday.


Double digits, oh dear.


Where did the time go?


I can accept that my son is 24 easier!


My girls, my babies though...


the time is rushing by me.

1 comment:

LiBBy said...

Great photos Kelley! I am not a slut. I am a virgin...well ..unless you count going the wrong way one a one way street a sexual encounter. YKWIM

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...