Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cupcakes & Sunkist Orange (Crates/Shelves!)

Two serious topics this Saturday evening... the first: CUPCAKES made by my little Cupcakes, Cathrynn & Olivia, with generous assistance from Pappy (aka the Baker) and Grammy (aka the one who finds the creative kid crafts and buys all the supplies). The top picture is supposed to look like lattice pie crust on a cherry pie! From jelly beans and icing.! And can you see the chocolate jelly bean bunny on Liv's cupcake...Next Sunday (EASTER!) is Olivia's birthday so we're going to make these for her friend party. I can't tell you how much I wanted to eat one. But nope, nada, no way, especially when Mom mentioned a piece of cake with icing is 14 points. I am not doing WW exactly, just my version from years of doing it before. Sent these pretties off to the STBX. :)






And, tonight's next topic - STORAGE in a tiny cottage condo. In about 1 square foot of space I have about half of my crafty tins of treasures, some supplies, tools...for jewelry making. I love old tins with hinged lids. And I love these Sunkist Orange wooden boxes that were haphazardly painted a good green. I stacked them strategically, slightly pulling the bottom one out so so the weight is distributed so that they aren't top heavy and wobbly. I'm sharing my unique shelving over at Donna's...
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

1 comment:

Barbara Jean said...

love that green. cute idea to stack them

blessings
barbara jean

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...