Saturday, February 9, 2013

torn & tattered

 that's how I feel these days.  My creative process is quite simple - I do pull out WAY too much stuff in complimentary shades and textures and make something pretty that I like.  And then, I move on to another color scheme.  It would, of course, make sense to make a bunch of things with all the stuff I have strewn about, but that just isn't me...! So, last week, when I was at the sewing machine with a "what to do?" look, my darling Cathrynn mentioned how much she loved a technique that I did on a purse I'd made for Loom a few months back (blue peacock and abstract pic).  What I loved about that was the texture that was created when I hand tore the nice weight fabric.  So, I got busy.  And then, at the very end found the perfect piece of eye-candy - this vintage brooch.  I L.O.V.E. the whole thing - the simplicity of it, how it is simple but dressy, romantic but not fussy.  Available now on etsy if you are interested.  thanks for the visit!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Youve inspired me. Im back @ OriginalLibbyButtons.blogspot.com

See you around!
Libby
aka Darla aka Darly Dolittle

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...