Sunday, April 13, 2008

Coming soon to a tote near you...

It was meant to be today. A last minute decision to bring my newest totes to Dana's booth was quite handsomely rewarded. Forget making any money on the totes there - the rainy, dreary weather kept the crowds away, but I hit gold (amber, brass...!), buttons that is! I had to use my best, most nonchalant attitude - honed to perfection in a lifetime of yard sales - to not jump up and down in glee as a vendor offered an entire tray of buttons for $4.00. He apologized for not having a glass jar to put them in. Really. It must've been meant to be. He had a bunch of small, military & political buttons that we wanted to put in the case. Alrighty then! Give me those big old girls! I've already bathed them and played with them.
I took my loot and ran back to Dana's booth where about 6 of us examined them with delight. Even more amazing, this particular place is frequented by the finest thrifters in the area (you all know who you are!) but I got the steal of a deal today!

1 comment:

Jessica Rodarte said...

I love your button collection- and I love your blog. It's full of inspiration! :)

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...