Friday, April 11, 2008

Junque in my Trunk Swap



This package is going out today to my new blog friend, Heidi as part ofI'll post more pictures after she's received to keep it a surprise! Unless she wants to see more now, then I'll post some teasers... Have you checked out the flickr group pictures? Gorgeous junque from these generous swappers!

Edited to add
:
This vibrant pink velvet ribbon is from my grandparent's florist & greenhouse in the 1950-60s. When they bulldozed it all and subdivided the property in the 70s, sooooo much cool stuff got buried & added to the landfill. When my aunt was cleaning out some craft supplies she sent over a box off 80s frilly lace and wood boxes - suddenly almost stylishly shabby chic - and in there were two yummy old rolls of velvet satin from the my grandparent's floral supplies. The ribbon is almost brittle but the color so vibrant I had to use it to wrap this package. And then I remembered this vintage cotton fabric. Not the direction I planned. But it looked very springy and happy on a dreary day. I can't wait for Heidi to get it and enjoy it all!

2 comments:

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Kelley... it looks so beautiful! I love how you wrapped in fabric. Can't wait to see what is on the inside! Thanks for playing along. xo Heather

The Tattered Rose said...

Heidi is one lucky girl. Thanks for sharing the story on the ribbon. I love those kind of background stories. :Trish G

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...