Saturday, March 26, 2011

French Meringues! Yummmmeeeeee!

Obviously Bigger is Better - Especially in Meringues! Perched casually atop the pastry case in a tiny little town in Northern France last week. . .


I found these huge meringues - they are about 3 inches tall and 9 or so inches long - all lucious. They were displayed casually in a boulangerie. My co-worker and I had a bit of time to shop before our rail to Paris and luckily, it was before the shops closed at 7pm. We waited patiently with a line of locals picking up their evening bread. They make it fresh for this after evening crowd. Every thing is very civilized and rather slow by our standards. And I will still eat the tiny store version of meringues that I buy at Target...but really... how will they ever compare?
Boulangerie = a bakery shop that specializes in in breads & rolls. Can you imagine how good the pastry was? No picture to share - I gobbled it as I strolled through just like the locals.
Except, let's face it - this middle aged American looks like anything but a local in France! Au revoir!

I'm linking to White Wednesday... check out the cool spring inspiration over there...

3 comments:

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

Looks delish!! So light and fluffy ... I could eat about ten ; )
Thank you for the trip to the bakery this am and sharing with Voila!
xo
Jill

LiBBy said...

I'm dying here. Did you bring any back?????

Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

Yum! I love France and have many fond memories of time spent there. You're a lucky girl! Thanks for sharing. I'm your linky neighbor at WW. Hope you can stop by and say 'hi'.
~Lynn

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...