Friday, March 11, 2011

I like to sew buttons and beads on stuff

But not if it is necessary for a purpose. You with me? My dad still asks about the pair of jeans that only needed a button sewn on. It seems he gave them to me about 4 years ago in my sewing crazy days. Oops!





I love to take scraps of fabrics and notions and make 'em into something pretty. I'm not an abstract artist - I like my little creations to look like stuff when I'm done. How's that for deep?!


Any how... I am in love with vintage labels and O M G this City Paris new old stock unused labels. Well - as part of a challenge at Karla's I broke in to my besties! The fabric was from an upholsterer that went out of business and I've been treasuring it for 3 years! (that drama can be read about here.)


I have 2 rolls of the vintage City Paris labels... and I still fretted about using this much! My friend, (only follow this link if you like a good laugh and aren't too uptight!) Libby and I are having so much fun and making some pretty pretty stuff at our craft-o-dramas that we're kicking around getting a gig going for other locals and locos ;) . I thought this would be a great class to offer... But who knows? We may just end up drinking margaritas, laughing and treasure hunting.




Speaking of drinking - when I'm in France next weekend I was invited to go wine tasting in a cavern. Doesn't that sound like a CAVE? Sounds divine. I'm really claustrophobic. Really. Like I'm packing Xanax because I have the middle seat on a packed 9 hour flight. Really. I can't make this stuff up. Mind over matter old gal, you can do this... !

1 comment:

LiBBy said...

If ever there was a time to say "OMG!, it is now. Kelley, this is splendidly divine!

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...