Sunday, September 9, 2007

Elegant Eggplant Brocade

When you're crafting something, do fall in love with it and want to keep it?
Do I?
Yep, every time I end up fashioning myself something very similar - not exact, cause I can't do the same thing again - I'm much too easily distracted - I just follow the flow of the stuff I gather.
Do you?
It's been said that I sew like I scrapbook - which is a funny and quite accurate description - although I do NOT glue unless it's a millinery piece that requires it! But I do select my pile of fabric, trims and buttons just like I do a scrapbook page - not sure where I'm going but a broad idea in mind. When I recently started rubber stamping on my totes and considering some photo transfers, I knew I was in a new comfort zone, not quite at home like when I'm scrapbooking & journaling - but ending up in a happy place with a pleasing result.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your totes and other creations are just darling! It cheered me up to see them. I don't have a lot of time for making things but i was inspired to go find a few old silver buttons to sew on a plain fabric purse while i am riding in the car.
I checked on ebay and, oh no! nothing posted. i will check back, though frequently.

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...