Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What happens when a vintage Lilly Pulitzer tennis skort meets sensible Aunt Ann's housecoat?

A tote is born of course! Bright and happy for a spring day.
If you've been following my totes, I started putting together some vintage clothing items and juxtaposing them into totes. Menswear meets millinery flowers. This is no exception, a simple little housecoat with the barest of embellishments - a tiny white rickrack & charming print, has been mixed with a flashy vintage Lilly tennis skort, it started off with big kick pleats and gum ball size lace trim, and the unmistakable Lilly splashes of vibrant colors and patterns. To complete the juxtaposition and to make it sturdy- vintage cottons are fully lined with upholstery grade reproduction matelasse. I'll add a few buttons while I'm watching DD's dance class tonight.
I picture this pretty little purse/tote going to a picnic or brunch!

5 comments:

Dana said...

You are on a roll keep it going!
CUTE!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

So cute! GREAT colors for spring and summer!
Don't ya just love vintage Lilly?!

Kimberly :)

Judy said...

When I tire of making Martha's vintage pillowslip totes...I see you have many more wonderful ides for me to try!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

You are the tote queen. Great colors and styles. Thanks for the comment on my bdrm. It is relaxing to me, but just needs a little splash of something. I keep looking for fabric, so hoping to find the right one for a couple of pillows soon! I am interested in your Paris swap if it's a go!

Alexia said...

Hi kelley- thanks for visiting me- I love the fabrics you use for the totes!

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...