Sunday, July 29, 2007

Chilled Petunia Soup

Okay, not really. The recipe doesn't follow, I promise.

Add my black thumb to anything that's supposed to be green & healthy and it's not pretty. My petunias were long & scraggly with an occasional pink blossom. Dana said I need to cut them way back. What was left was quite sad of- I'll spare you a photo. Suffice to say, it looks like I've gone to the Edward Scissorhands school of horticulture. The long, spindly vines weren't exactly centerpiece material either. So, I plucked the blossoms and floated them. The girls were delighted. And that's what's so cool about having little girls. Blossoms from some almost dead vines - they're impressed.

No comments:

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...