Sunday, August 26, 2007

wildflowers & blueberries

Helllllloooooo! Gifts from my little wildflowers. I think that's a sprig of ragweed - Frank's allergies have kicked in since Liv brought it home. The girl's requested a blueberry pie with these berries. I'm allergic so we'll skip all that. Plus, are they really blueberries?

So, I've been busy. Back to school preparation. And all the usual. But, I've also been having some fun with my sewing machine. I'm making some pretty dang cute tote bags to sell. I'm not a seamstress by any means, but I can put some vintage stuff together in a great new. I sew like I live - I have an idea what the end result will be, but even I won't know how I'm going to get there - I just wing it and try to make masterpieces from the mistakes. I'll bet you're glued to the screen wondering what tote/purse can live up to all that! A few more buttons & I'll be listing them on Etsy. Along with some killer mosiacs that I started in the spring.
On the table, my thrifty find of the weekend - 4 brand new Ralph Lauren place mats for $1.50. I could care less about labels, but they are crisp & a perfect match to the kitchen.

No comments:

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...