Monday, August 20, 2007

Lest you think I'm only about food...

Bird on a Roll!
I started my own crazy quilt/wall hanging this summer. Crazy cause I've never made a quilt. But I have a vision. It started with a bunch of vintage hankies with great tatted edges (nope, not tattoo'd Vince!) . While teaching Cathrynn a basic embroidery stitch, I thought I'd show her something creative to aspire to. Viola! Ten hankies later, I'm on a roll - little cottage scenes, butterflies, ducks... I've decided to make 2 crazy quilts so Cathrynn & Liv don't fight it out later. The worm was C's idea... his little glass bead eyes will be added later. I have an old chenille spread that will serve as the background.

No comments:

Pretty in pink...

Cotton shirts.  Love 'em. Usually can't wear 'em.  Too tight. Pull at the boobs.  Or, shrink in the first wash.  And being a plu...